Among the many projects we have completed since our company began in 2006, Cairns S.I.M. Trans has completed a job that proves our commitment to excellence and quality customer service.
We recently changed two Cummins engines in a vessel moored at Airlie Beach in Far North Queensland. This involved travel to Airlie Beach, removal of the two damaged engines and a return to Cairns, where we then conducted an engine changeover.
We changed over the installation fittings from the damaged engines to surround the new engines in order to fit them into the housings. We then travelled to Airlie Beach to fit the new engines into the vessel. Then we had to sea trial the vessel before returning to Cairns, satisfied with a job well done.
When asked, "Why choose Cairns S.I.M. Trans?" the customer replied, "Your reputation precedes you".
Frequently Asked Questions
The most frequently asked questions are:
- Q. What work do you do?
- A. We specialise in sales, service and repairs to marine transmissions and diesel engines.
- Q. What does Cairns S.I.M. Trans P/L stand for?
- A. Cairns S.I.M. Trans stands for "Cairns Specialising In Marine Transmissions Proprietary Limited" and also SIM forms part of the proprietor's surname.
- Q. Do you perform other repairs?
- A. Yes, we are experts in rebuilding diesel engines, transmissions, gearboxes, spray-painting and supplying spare parts for land-based vehicles also. We also hire and repair generators, portable or in-situ.